Living in Harmony with Nature and teaching others to garden the natural (organic) way, with emphasis on practices that lead to NUTRIENT DENSE produce!

Harmony Gardens

Harmony Gardens
Bey Home designed by Stitt Energy Systems, Inc. 2002

Welcome To Our Site

Our intent is simple: to provide useful information on gardening, health and sustainability issues. We will include class and meeting announcements, gardening information, and book reviews. The articles that Calvin writes for Garden Thyme, the Master Gardener Newsletter will be included. We will try to make this site easy to use and relevant.

About Me

My photo
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Harmony Gardens is the home of Calvin and Doris Bey. As the name implies our goal is to live in harmony with the Laws of Nature. We are concerned about the environment, energy efficiency, organic gardening, alternative health, and sustainability issues. We love our Stitt Energy Systems Inc. energy efficient home, which received a First Place NAHB National Award for 2003. Calvin is a retired USDA Forest Service scientist. Each year he teaches classes in Organic Gardening in February and March and again in September. Doris is a retired RN. Calvin and Doris have put their energy efficient house up for sale (by owner). See first post for description, pictures, and house design.

April 3, 2013



♥    Water, Precious Water   
 Calvin F. Bey 

Water!  Perhaps the most common and the least understood compound in the world.  Its more than just a molecule with an oxygen and two hydrogen atoms.  Much more.  We take water for granted, until we discover that it is either scarce or toxic.   We fear we won’t have enough in times of drought, and we fear how the chlorine and fluoride are toxic in our bodies.  Good water is a precious commodity.  

As an avid organic gardener, I have used water frequently to keep my plants productive.  Watering the plants was especially critical during the heat and drought in the summers of 2011 and 2012.  I tried to apply water appropriately, being sure to not use more than is needed by the plant.   In the process, I have often wondered how the plant was feeling about my watering regime.  Too much?  Too little?  Bad quality?  

With emphasis on growing nutrient dense vegetables, I take pride in striving to follow the Laws of Nature.   I avoid harsh chemical pesticides and chemical fertilizers and I have used filters to reduce chlorine when watering.   Yet I have wondered about the effectiveness of my watering regime.  

Years ago I learned about some unusual water energy properties of water.  I read Living Water by Olof Alexandersson, the story of Viktor Schauberger and the Secrets of Natural Energy, and The Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto, and Your Body’s Many Cries for Water, by F. Batmangheldj M.D.  These books caused me to think more about water quality, but I did not change the way I was watering my plants.  I often lamented, “if I could only live next to a river, then I could pump better water on my garden.”   Really, I yearned for a mountain stream with water pure and clean.

Regarding drinking water, I never felt like I had the answer as to what water is best.  There are choices -- carbon filters, chlorine filters, reverse osmosis, high pH (ionized) water, subtle energy-enhanced, ultra-violet, or even distilled water.   So the calendar turns to 2013, and I am no further along, and I am not even trying to figure out which water is best.  Then the phone rings and I am re-introduced to structured water.

Old researchers are born-skeptics, so like many things I wanted proof that this structured water had useful properties.  For a couple weeks, in my spare time, I immersed myself in studying what was known and proven about this structured water.   The proof for me is in the application, so when I saw positive field results, by folks with no vested interest, I knew I had to give it a try.   

I encourage you to go to www.NaturalActionTechnologies.com for information on structured water.  See the videos, read the testimonials, and try to understand what this is all about.  Some folks have asked me to explain how it works, so they can then try it.  With a little knowledge about chemistry, and the concepts of coherence, water tension, and bio-photon life force energy, the structuring can be generally explained.    Structured water is certainly not toxic and evidence shows that it works--for people and for plants.  

 Go on the site shown above to get all the benefits of structured water for people, animals, and even how it is beneficial for your household plumbing system.  I will have more personal information on all that when we get our whole house unit in early April.  

Because of the verified results of structured water for increasing plant growth, I started there with a small demonstration.  Basically, I simply wanted to see for myself if there were differences between the structured, Natural Action Water and my city tap water.  I have been very encouraged, so much that I will be using Natural Action Water (structured water) on my entire garden this year.    Here in Northwest Arkansas we are now involved with establishing our spring gardens.  On this web site, I will keep you updated as to garden progress, and information regarding the water.

See the photos on the next two pages and decide for yourself.  Imagine if you increased yield by 20 percent and reduced water needs by 20 percent.  It is easy for me to justify a garden unit.  And with nutrient dense produce, what a bonus.

I don’t sell these devices, but simply refer you to a Authorized Distributor in Arizona.  Victoria White welcomes phone calls and emails and will be very helpful with any questions.  Of course you can contact me also.   Contact for Victoria White is:

Victoria White                       victoria@biophotonicwater.com
520-325-3400
13542 W. Sacred Earth Place
Tucson, AZ 85735                www.biophotonicwater.com

Rooted tomato cuttings from same mother plant, comparing Natural Action Water (structured) vs. tap water (control).  Results shown, on right, after 20 days.



















Red cabbage, comparing structured vs. tap water.  Results after 17 days.

















Flat Dutch cabbage, comparing structured vs. tap water.   Results after 17 days.












Broccoli, comparing structured vs. tap water.  Results after 17 days.















Demonstration of Natural Action Water on Early Growth of Mat Penstemon


Mat penstemon, P. linarioides.  Original pictures on left.  Pictures on right showing effect of Natural Action Water (structured) vs. tap water (control), after 25 days.   










Garden 2007

Garden 2007
Heirloom "Country Gentleman" Corn